Transcendence and Happiness
Explore a vital alternative to suffering: using the unavoidable pain of life to grow greater, to become the most empowered and humane persons we can be.
You may have heard the saying, “Pain is inevitable, but suffering is an option.” Suffering occurs when we fail to act (or are unable to act) on the natural motivation of pain to do something that will heal the injury, correct the cause of the distress, and improve overall health and well-being. The alternative to pain for those who do not act to heal, correct, and improve is to avoid (with anger, resentment, alcohol, compulsive behavior, overwork) – a strategy that almost always causes more pain in the long run.
Learn how to use the unavoidable pain of life to grow greater, to become the most empowered and humane person you can be.
- The Purpose of Pain
- Developing an Attitude of Transcendence (transcending guilt, shame, anxiety, depression)
- Choosing value over temporary power
- Acting on your deepest values
- Feed the spirit
- How to be Truly Happy: Make the World a Better Place
- Reasons to Make the World a Better Place
- How to Plant Seeds in the Web of Emotion